Please note this role is based in BANGKOK, Thailand! We provide full relocation packages for you and your family.
- Agoda is one of the biggest OTAs in Asia and is part of the Booking Holdings Group (NASDAQ: BKNG), the world’s largest online travel business (100B$ Market Cap) with over 2 Million properties listed
- We have 5000+ employees, 90 nationalities, 40+ offices, and more than 1000+ people in technology
- Our mobile team consists of 100+ amazing engineers and technology professionals who consistently improve an already world class product. Here is some information about our App…
- We support 38 languages and 50 currencies
- We are loved by our users with a rating of 4.6/4.7 and have been awarded the Editor’s Choice in the Google Play store
- We have over 15,000 unit tests, 900 automated UI tests, and release every week
About The Role
We are looking for mobile technology experts to join our select team of Technology Leads. Our Technology Leads have unique knowledge and abilities and lead our highly scaled mobile application development team to success. You must be a strong technical implementer and leader who can guide our staff beyond our already high standards of engineering to the next level.
Our technology leads are contributors to our code base sometimes developing whole new open source projects themselves in the doing. They code themselves, introduce new technologies, and provide excellent code reviews. As gold standards of excellence, they coach and guide their fellow engineers.
- Maintain ownership and responsibility of mission critical systems.
- Full leadership of new technical projects and directions. Create new business opportunities.
- Give presentations, bring new ideas and directions to the team, create and run mentoring sessions. Contribute to and growing the knowledge base of the technical staff.
- Stay on the leading edge of technical know-how, industry trends, management approaches, and create an environment of always learning and always innovating.
- Get involved with full stack engineering and guide server, client, and infrastructure technical staff to the best solution.
- 5+ years of experience in advanced software engineering driving organizations in new directions, innovating, building advanced systems
- B.S. in Computer Science or quantitative field; M.S. preferred
- Expert level in one or more mobile platforms (iOS, Android, Web), both iOS and Android knowledge preferred
- Expert level in modern mobile and server coding and design practices. For example, VIPER, MVVM, MVP, SOLID principals, and TDD
- Solid knowledge of server technologies, databases, distributed systems, load balancing; Docker and Kubernetes experience preferred
- Experience in a DevOps culture – Agility. Leanness. Automation. CI/CD.
- Strong experience in systems architecture – particularly in complex, scalable and fault tolerant distributed systems
If you feel you are the right candidate get in touch! Agoda is full of like-minded people who demand success, reach for it, and succeed!
This job is based in Bangkok and would require you to join our Bangkok office. We welcome both local and international applications for this role. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available.
Agoda is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with Agoda applicants privacy statement. (link to https://careersatagoda.com/privacy-statement/)